To Our Patients,
Since May 26, 2020, we have resumed preventive and restorative care. Though our faces will be covered full time with our masks, know that underneath we will be smiling and happy to see you!
IF YOU HAVE AN UPCOMING APPOINTMENT:
Please read the following questions. If your answer to any of the questions is “Yes,” please call our office to discuss the possible need to reschedule.
- In the 2 weeks prior to your appointment, have you experienced any COVID-19 symptoms (excluding side effects from a COVID-19 vaccine)?
- In the 2 weeks prior to your appointment, have you been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms?
- In the 2 weeks prior to your appointment have you traveled by air?
- In the 2 weeks prior to your appointment have you have tested positive for COVID-19?
Current check-in procedures:
- Prior to your appointment, you will receive a confirmation text from our office. Simply reply to the text when you arrive to let us know you are here.
- If you do not receive text messages from our office, please call when you arrive. If you do not have a cell phone, please come to the door and knock.
- Either way, we ask that you be prepared to wait in your car, and we will let you know as soon as we are ready for you to enter our office.
We ask that everyone over the age of 5 who comes in our office wear a mask or face covering. Children ages 2-4 should only wear a face covering if a guardian supervises to make sure it’s worn safely.
IF YOU HAVE AN URGENT NEED:
If our office closure meant that we had to move your appointment to a more distant time but you have an issue that needs to be evaluated sooner, we can certainly offer you a more immediate exam visit. Please call or email to schedule.
CHANGES TO DENTAL INSURANCE:
If there have been any changes to your dental insurance plan, please provide us with the new information in advance, whether over phone or email.
OTHER HELPFUL TIPS:
Due to the extra PPE staff will be wearing, the temperature will be cooler in the office and you may want to bring extra outerwear should you need it.
REVIEW OF OFFICE PRECAUTIONS
If you would like to review the other precautions we have implemented, we have posted them on our website, available for you here.
Lastly, thank you for your patience, understanding, kind words, and encouragement through this. We continue to get through this together, and we remain here for you.
Dr. Sekijima and Team
We will continue to use this page to provide pertinent updates. At this time you may find:
- Answers to FAQs
- Tips to maintain your oral health during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Information about our new office protocols
Things to Do to Protect Your Oral Health During the COVID-19 Outbreak
We understand that our office closure interrupts the hygiene recall schedule of many of our patients. Because of the extended time between appointments and the fact that we can’t provide our usual in-person coaching, we want to make sure we are finding other ways to provide you with information to maintain excellent oral hygiene at home. Dr. Sekijima and our hygienists have compiled a list of helpful tips to help you continue to maintain your oral health while our office is closed. Though stress levels may be higher, now is not the time to skip our oral hygiene. If you are interested in reading, click here.