Although the authorities are gradually lifting restrictions, we will continue our COVID policies until further notice:
- Each team member will self-screen prior to coming in to work. We must each be symptom and fever-free (without medication), as well as not having been in recent close contact with any sick person.
- We are regularly sanitizing the non-patient care areas of our office, including frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, pens, faucets, and counters. We have also put away all frequently touched items such as books and magazines.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. In addition to the reception area, you will find some in other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Patients will be screened prior to their appointments.
- Appointments and check-in/check-out procedures will be managed to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. Specifics will be provided via follow-up email and on our website.
- We ask that everyone over the age of 5 who comes in our office wear a mask or face covering. Children ages 2-4 should only wear a face covering if a guardian supervises to make sure it’s worn safely.
- One of our team members will take your temperature upon your arrival.
- Our team will be wearing increased levels of personal protective equipment, including faceshields.
- In instances where optimal treatment calls for the use of instruments that create aerosol, we will employ strategies, such as the dental dam and stronger suction devices, to minimize the production of aerosol. These strategies have been shown to reduce aerosol by 95%.
- In order to address any aerosol that may remain, we have acquired medical grade air purifiers.
Our hope is that one day we will indeed find that we may safely and confidently scale back some of these efforts. Until such a time, however, I would rather operate out of an abundance of caution for all of our sakes. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the precautions we are implementing. Please feel free to contact us via phone or email.