What to expect at your first appointment
For adults, we reserve time to complete the following:
- Gather clinical records to include review of medical/dental history
- Take necessary x-rays. Please inform us as soon as possible if you have any current x-rays from a previous office. This may decrease the number of radiographs we would take, or there may be a frequency limitation from your insurance company that would result in additional out-of-pocket expense.
- Head, neck and intraoral cancer screening
- Soft tissue exam to determine what type of cleaning you will need
- Comprehensive exam of your teeth with intraoral photographs
- Review of exam findings and treatment needs
For children, we typically complete the following:
- One of our Dental Assistants will familiarize your child with our office, the dental chair and surroundings to make your child comfortable
- “Show and Tell” with friendly demonstrations or a stuffed animal may be used to explain dental procedures
- A comprehensive exam, prophylaxis, fluoride treatment and any necessary x-rays, depending upon your child’s age. For children who are still too young to fully cooperate (generally ages 2 and younger), the exam and cleaning typically takes place with your child in your lap!
- Oral hygiene instruction specific to your child and family
- At the end of the appointment you child will get a prize, new toothbrush and floss
- Your completed patient information forms. Alternatively, please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment to allow enough time to fill in the forms in the office.
- Your insurance card and photo identification
If you would prefer to fill out your New Patient Forms before your appointment, you can fill them out by clicking the button below:Download New Patient Forms