What to expect at your first appointment
- For adults, we reserve time to complete the following:
- Gather clinical records to include review of medical/dental history
- Take necessary x-rays. Please inform us as soon as possible if you have any current x-rays from a previous office. This may decrease the number of radiographs we would take, or there may be a frequency limitation from your insurance company that would result in additional out-of-pocket expense.
- Head, neck and intraoral cancer screening
- Soft tissue exam to determine what type of cleaning you will need
- Comprehensive exam of your teeth with intraoral photographs
- Review of exam findings and treatment needs
At this time we will schedule your dental cleaning and, if needed, a consultation appointment. The consultation will allow for more detailed discussion of exam findings, treatment options, timing of treatment, treatment costs, and financial arrangements in relation to any benefits you may have. Of course this also provides excellent opportunity for you to ask any questions that have arisen since your initial appointment.
For children, we typically complete the following:
- One of our Dental Assistants will familiarize your child with our office, the dental chair and surroundings to make your child comfortable
- “Show and Tell” with friendly demonstrations or a stuffed animal may be used to explain dental procedures
- A comprehensive exam, prophylaxis, fluoride treatment and any necessary x-rays, depending upon your child’s age. For children who are still too young to fully cooperate (generally ages 2 and younger), the exam and cleaning typically takes place with your child in your lap!
- Oral hygiene instruction specific to your child and family
- At the end of the appointment you child will get a prize, new toothbrush and floss
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information forms. Alternatively, please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment to allow enough time to fill in the forms in the office.
- Your insurance card and photo identification
We thank you for your cooperation in making and keeping all appointments. Our office appreciates a 2 business days notice to change appointments.
If you would prefer to fill out your New Patient Forms before your appointment, you can fill them out by clicking the button below: